The objectives of this course are to acquire knowledge on the scientific, clinical, regulatory and industrial aspects that cover the fields of medical devices and biomaterials.
At the end of their training, graduates are able to
- Design new medical devices, ensure their compliance with current regulations and promote responsible scientific communication.
- Design R & D programs in the field of biomaterials, enabling in vivo proof of concept
- Implement current regulations (quality assurance and control, marketing authorization,…),
- Contribute to patent portfolio creation or development
- Team working
The M2 BDM includes a theoretical course completed by case studies, a ride-along and a 6-month internship in a company or an academic research laboratory. 10% of the teaching are made in a distant manner. It includes the following modules:
- Quality Assurance and Management
Course specific modules
- Design and Formulation
- Chemical, structural and textural characteristics
- Biocompatibility, animal modeling and surgical indications
- Regulations for medical devices, in vitro diagnotics, biocide, protective objects
- The place of medical devices in therapeutics
- Sterilization of medical devices
- English and scientific communication
- Medical devices economic environment
- Participation in a company life
- Supervised project
More information on this master’s program:
Objectives related to Bioregate topics
Managers in biotech / medtech companies in charge of:
- Design, R & D projects
- Registration & Regulatory Affairs
- Quality assurance
Graduated students can also pursue with doctoral studies.
This list is not exhaustive.